The Absolute Assurance for Accomodation is provided by Odense Municipality. If you do not get a student accomodation before the start of your studies, you will be able to get a temporary accommodation from Odense Municipality from the time you start your studies. The date for the start of studies is considered to be the February 1, 2019.
Please note that the information below is only a summary of the rules stated by Odense Municipality and that Studiebolig cannot be held accountable for errors in the summary, as it is only meant as a service and guideline for foreign students.
In the rules for the absolute assurance for accommodation (AAA) there is a difference between being a full degree student and an exchange student:
Common rules for full degree and exchange students
- You can be placed in group C if you meet to requirements stated under Prioritization of applicants
- You can only have two active offers at the time.
- You are NOT allowed to say no to an offer (if you do so you will deprioritized to group D).
- You cannot get temporary accommodation through the municipality.
You can get temporary accommodation through the municipality if:
- Your application fulfills all the requirements stated under Prioritization of applicants and Especially for offers and AAA
- You can prove that you are accepted to start a new education the spring semester of 2019.
- You are between the ages 18-30 years old.
- You are from either a Nordic country or the EU.
- The municipality will only offer temporary accommodation if there is nothing else available that meet the requirements for group C
You need to contact either Studiebolig through email@example.com or one of the accommodation organizations by email. You can do this at the earliest one week before your education starts.
- In the email you should enclose: 1) documentation for your enrollment and 2) your application number (can be found under “my page” behind your name).
- Please note that the AAA will not cover you if you have accommodation with a move-in date before March 1, 2019.
- To read more about the special rules for the AAA please read under Information -> Especially for offers and AAA
- The temporary accommodation the municipality will assign are modest, not updated and can be placed all over the municipality
- You must expect to share kitchen and bathroom.
- You will only get one offer from the municipality.
- There may not be internet or TV connection.
- You are obligated to keep searching for accommodation in such way that you stay in group C.
- The accommodation will typically be an abandoned daycare center where you share a room with 2 to 10 other people of the same gender.